Subject: Deskstation Tyne booting ALPHA2
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Maki Kato <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 10/16/2000 01:12:57
I got my Deskstation to boot into single user mode after some messing
around.  The following are a few notes.

- this box doesn't need parity memory.
- I now have 64M, and now programs starting at 80100000 work fine.
- this box seems to not like to boot the ecoff output from objcopy,
instead I used elf2ecoff.
- I stuck a generic ISA IDE card and it was detected and usable from
netbsd.  (I still load the kernel from AHA1542+zip drive)
- a NE2000 was detected, I havn't done anything to test it yet.
- I had some spooky exceptions and panics, that would go away when a
printf was inserted above the problem code.  I then modified locore.h to
enable mips3_CacheFlush_2way and other 2way cache code, and the problems
went away.

next I'll try multiuser mode and ethernet.