Subject: Re: kernel panic on 4000SC during boot, what now?
To: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 10/03/2000 14:44:40
> I've actually been working with Michael Kato the past week trying to get the
> kernel booting.  I *think* we're initializing the L2 cache properly now, but
> the machine locks solid right after initing the com ports, right when it's
> supposed to probe for the root device.

My patch I stuck in  source reads and set the L2 cache from infocleaned from
arcbios plus I turned off vm_page_zero_enable
as some "arcs" dump if on.

I also found some problems with arc since 08/10/2000 cvs
checkout's.... The ftp server I mentioned where I
have some images to try is a mips NEC RiscServer 2200 (arc)
running 08/04/2000 with patches I made. (I don't know
if all have made into tree yet.) Anyway that machine
has been up for 2 month's now , I always building
something on it so it's very stable...I did checkout's
on 08/12 and later 9/27 stability vanished or
crashed completely...