Subject: Re: ide on RiscServer 2200
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: bob meader <bob@cci.net>
List: port-arc
Date: 08/08/2000 12:42:37
Noriyuki Soda wrote:

> > The reason I am asking I
> > get an "vmstat: invalid _disk_count -1884553076."
> > from vmstat program.
>
> That means either
>         - /var/db/kvm.db doesn't match working kernel.
>           you have to copy the working kernel image (elf version) to /netbsd,
>           and have to run "kvm_mkdb" (or have to reboot, since booting
>           process does the "kvm_mkdb" automatically).
> or
>         - you have to recompile vmstat binary with header files
>           of the working kernel.
> --

After copying the new kernel(elf version) and running kvm_mkdb
I get undefined symbols: _cp_time now with vmstat so I'll
try rebuilding vmstat..

#ps gives me

ps: proc size mismatch (13056 total, 712 chunks).
Warning:  /proc does not provide valid data for all fields.
  PID TT  STAT      TIME COMMAND
  266 p0- ?<     0:00.13 -csh
  290 p0- ?<     0:00.06 ps
  290 p0- ?<     0:00.06 ps
  214 00- ?<s    0:00.03 /usr/libexec/getty std.9600 console

so does that mean I have to rebuild ps as well ?