Subject: Re: NEC RiscServer 2200
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Kurt Bloom <kbloom@winternet.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 07/31/2000 10:49:06
So I hooked up the serial box, used hyprtrm, booted the COMCONS ecoff
kernel-and it worked. Now I'm sitting at a root device: prompt. So this
kernel will work for me, I assume. Now I suppose I need to partition my
drive for unix and boot to the kernel again. I think I'm missing a little
of the theory here though. Once I have my drive partitioned properly and
I'm sitting at this prompt, how do you get to the point of doing away with
the serial hoohaw...and getting just a regular unix boot? Having the
kernel boot does not imply that unix is "installed", I need to get the
snapshot on the machine? I need to look back at something Warner, Maki or
Prasad wrote earlier about this.

Kurt