Subject: Re: NEC RiscServer 2200
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Prasad Nuli <pnuli@yahoo.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 07/28/2000 14:43:07
What is the location of the current sources for the
arc port ? Does the following build you mentioned has
any enhancements for the NEC IMAGE RISCSation ?

ftp://ftp.sra.co.jp/pub/os/NetBSD/misc/arc/netbsd.COMCONS.2000-06-20.ecoff.gz

Greg Oster and me spend about 4 hours last night and
installed NetBSD onto my NEC Image RISC Station. We
are in the process of documenting the process and post
it on the netbsd site.

Though NetBSD has a very good kernel for the arc due
to the lack of installation program or desc of the
procedure is making extremely painful.

How ever we perfected the procedure for the net
install last night and it works and we will try to
document and post it on the web site soon.

Prasad Nuli