Subject: Re: NEC RiscStation 2000 port?
To: None <dm@el8.org>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-arc
Date: 07/27/2000 00:53:44
In message <20000726153105.A2102@juggernaut.el8.org> dm@el8.org writes:
: Well it would be an open offer.  Thanks for the interset however. :)
: Also, I have never used an RISC machines on a regular basis, how
: do they perform next to equivilent mhz x86 architectures in all
: around performance?  Or is that a totally unanswerable question.

My R4400PC at 100MHz (50MHz bus) runs at about a P75 or P90 in terms
of speed.  A little faster than a P75 and a little slower than the
P90, generally speaking.  However, if I had better cache system it
would be closer to the P90 than the P75.

Warner