Subject: NEC RISCStation newbie question
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Yoder <adam@ontario.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 06/07/2000 10:48:34
Has anybody had any luck running NetBSD on the NEC RiscStation 2000?
It seems to have the same NCR 53c700 controller that's unsupported on the
2200, and also an unusual video card (I don't remember what it's called.)

I'm hoping to run NetBSD on a pair of NEC RISCStation 2000 machines and
eventually a RISCServer 2200.  I'm willing to help where I can with the
port, but I need a little help getting started.

Here is what I've tried so far:

I set up the bootp, bootparam, tftp, and nfs servers on a nearby FreeBSD
machine as described in the diskless HOWTO doc.  I can't figure out
how to tell the NEC to net boot, or if it's possible.  That's the first
place I could use some help.

I may be going off in a wrong direction, but I put netbsd.COMCONS.ecoff
in the NEC boot partition, and tried to run it.  I get this message on
the VGA display:

----------------------
Non Maskable Interrupt Occuerd.

Processor A Non maskable Interrupt Register Status
ErrorEpc = 0x80256898

NMI Source Register = 0x0000000a
   --> Processor address error!
Memory Failed Address = 0x00000000
Invalid Address = 0xf0000001
IO Cache Address = 0x0000000

ECC Diagnostic Register = 0x00000000-00ee0000
Translation Table Invalidate Value = 0x00000000
Set value of DMA Channel Int. Ack. = 0x00000000

Processor B Non Maskable Interrupt Register Status
ErrorEpc = 0x800019f0
System Halted

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Adam Yoder