Subject: Need help with NEC RISCserver 2200 port.
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: bob meader <bob@guiduck.com>
List: port-arc
Date: 05/05/2000 14:19:56
Here the status of the port and my current point I am
stuck at...
I did a check out from the CVS site on April,
applied several patches to the source tree.  Risc
server is a cross between pica and Risc station 2250.

I am the point of trying to get a successful NFS boot.
When I am attempt to do a boot through sonic driver
it gets an IP address,mounts root, executes '/sbin/init'
and stops... The kernel and network is still alive
as I can 'ping it' . I know it has executed '/sbin/init'
since I added two print statements around the
call sys_execv that executes 'init'. (Specfically start_init(arg)
in "kernel/init_main.c");  The call returns
'EJUSTRETURN' which according to source code
of 'sys_execve' means a successful execution of binary.
A further test to very 'init' must of been found and  started is simply
rename '/sbin/init' to something and try booting again.  The responce
is as expected ... "init: not found".

I am a bit of loss as how to proceed any suggestions ?

PS The root file image I am using is from
ftp.sra.co.jp/pub/os/NetBSD/misc/arc/snapshot/20000303/binary/sets ,
the NFS sever is NeTBSD1.2 intel.