Subject: Partial report on NetBSD/arc Deskstation rPC 44
To: None <port-arc@netbsd.org>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-arc
Date: 03/04/2000 01:26:58
The GENERIC kernel boots on my Deskstation rPC44 with one problem.
Sadly this problem is a show stopper.  I'll look into the problem more
when I have time, but wanted to let people know.

I get to the root device prompt.  It didn't find my Buslogic scsi
controller, so can't find the root device.  I boot GENERIC, and
haven't even checked to see if the bt driver is in there or not (the
bt driver should be shot in the head and the port moved to bha, but
that requires working bus space and bus dma).

This is also a kernel from a couple of weeks ago.  I built it and am
just now getting around to trying it.

Warner