Port-amigappc archive

Re: amigappc test kernel for CSPPC and BPPC

Jukka Andberg wrote:

> Right, I found out that having page tables in non-cacheable memory does
> not really work too well.

Ok.

> I didn't spend too much time with the chipmem solution.
> I'm trying now to get the pmap to accept fast RAM. But this is a
> different problem.

Yes. I fear this will be the only clean solution to make NetBSD/amigappc run
on BPPC boards.

Another big problem left, which I also have to fix for CSPPC, is that DMA
doesn't work well. For example the ahsc(4) A3000 scsi driver will only work
reliably without DMA. Otherwise it slowly corrupts the file system.

--
Frank Wille