Port-amigappc archive

Re: better late than never: amigappc progress

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 00:25:33 +0000 (UTC)
John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:

> > just FYI: I was working on amigappc the last days and made some
> > progress.
>
> I just got my CyberStorm Mk III repaired, so when I swap out the
> CyberStorm PPC for the Mk III, I may have one with which to try amigappc.

Would be interesting, if you have some other hardware than me. I always
wanted to test A4000 IDE, for example, but my second CSPPC died, and I
don't want to move my last one around between two Amigas.

BTW, the current status is that A3000-SCSI and CSPPC-SCSI work with
DMA, and I'm running multiuser! There are still some stability problems
under high (SCSI) load, though.

The current amigappc userland should be in the daily builds.

If you, or somebody else, really wants to test it, you will need
"gobsdppc" (a modification of Michael van Elst's gobsd) to boot a
kernel. I will put it on the FTP server tomorrow.

--
Frank Wille