Port-amigappc archive

Re: making NEWPMAP the default for powerpc ports

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Chuck Silvers wrote:

> for anyone who hasn't been involved in this discussion yet, I'll give
> some background.  the initial goal of Matt Thomas's ppc pmap changes
> was to add support for large-memory systems, since the existing pmap
> had some limitations there.  after he got into that, he found various
> performance deficiencies and kinda went wild and ended up rewriting
> almost all of the code.  so that's where this thing came from.

This sounds great, but do we have an AmigaPPC version where we can use
this in?

As far as I can see, there hasn't been anything new on the AmigaPPC side
since 2001/07/11 when the page was updated just a tiny bit. As far as I
can remeber, it has always claimed there would appear more details
shortly. I hope it's note shortly as in 5 years.

                                                             (. .)
  E-Mail: trizt%iname.com@localhost            URL:
http://www.kotiaho.net/~trizt/
     ICQ: 13696780
  System: MorphOS/Linux System               (PPC603e/160   AMD K7D/700)
             Find useful software, surf to www.trogsoft.org