Port-amigappc archive

Re: What is current situation on amigappc?

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Adam Ciarcinski wrote:

> I don't know if anybody else is working on that port, but I got stuck
> with CyberVisonPPC driver (initialization is very unstable, probably
> needs assembler routine) and run out of free time for AmigaPPC port :(
> Mea culpa, mea culpa

But is it booting somehow already? Is also AGA console available, or even
perhaps serial console? Is there somewhere bootstrap images available so
that interested parties could try follow what you have started. I think
there still some spare brains able to do it only if they knew where to
start. ;-)

Port homepage (http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/amigappc/) isn't very
informative about current situation. If you could manage that much free
time that you could put snapshot of your current effort on webpage there
might be somebody with time that could pick it up. Release early, release
often. Share your effort with rest of people. This is too valuable effort
just to fade away. I am sure there will somebody happy if you put
something on webpage. Atleast I would be.

Petri