Re: netbsd amiga 4000 problem

Hello,

Hello. I try install nest bsd on my amiga 4000d
BFG9060  with picasso IV.

I have this error.

Any idea?

I think we, both the NetBSD community and the Amiga community, have a few things to solve with the BFG accelerators.

Chris Edwards recently made a Youtube video about trying to figure out why a BFG9060 has issues in an Amiga 3000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zk-aTXtcNw

The video has half an hour long, so I'll summarize by saying that he discovered that the board is perfectly stable without MMULib.

There are a few things worth trying for starters:

If you're running faster than 50 MHz, perhaps try at 50 MHz. This would rule out the possibility that your '060 can overclock fine, but the MMU has issues. This doesn't seem like the problem, but it's worth a try.

Do you have motherboard memory? If so, it may be worth trying to boot just using that. If the issue is with DMA to accelerator memory, then using just motherboard memory may work.

Some additional information would help, such as what other cards you have installed, whether you're using motherboard IDE and/or whether you have drives connected to expansion cards, et cetera.

Welcome!

John