Re: Having trouble with two active wscons drivers, wskbd stops working on console

Alain Runa wrote:

> [...] but I'm experiencing an issue with the wskbd. It stops
> working if two wscons display drivers are active in the kernel. For
> example, if I include amidisplaycc (Amiga native) and zz9k_fb (ZZ9000)
> in the kernel, the zz9k_fb gets the console at wsdisplay0 but the
> console does not respond to any key presses from the keyboard.

The zz9k driver source is not yet available in the NetBSD source tree, or
anywhere?

I'm probably not much of a help, but just to be sure: did you enter the
man/pro ids of your board into the preconftab[] of dev/zbus.c? And did you
register a console-init function at constab[] in amiga/conf.c? And I guess
you also attached wsemuldisplay correctly in your driver's attach function?

Does the driver's console-init function call kbd_cnattach()?

> Here the kernel output extract in bad case (amidisplaycc + zz9k_fb):
>
> kbd0 at mainbus0: CIA A type Amiga
> wskbd0 at kbd0 mux 1
> ms0 at mainbus0
> wsmouse0 at ms0 mux 0
> wsmouse1 at ms0 mux 0
> amidisplaycc0 at mainbus0: Amiga custom chip graphics
> wsdisplay1 at amidisplaycc0 kbdmux 1
> wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay1
> wskbd0: connecting to wsdisplay1
> zz9k0 at zbus0 pa 0x48000000 man/pro 28014/4: MNT ZZ9000 Zorro III (HW:
> 0.0, FW: 1.13)
> zz9k0: Hardware status <Ccore: 52.6 C, Tcore: 0.99 V, Vaux: 1.77 V
> zzfb0 at zz9k0: Framebuffer resolution: 1280x1024p60,
> depth: 8 bpp (8-bit LUT)
> wsdisplay0 at zzfb0 kbdmux 1: console (default, vt100 emulation)
> wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0

Just for comparison, I booted my A3000 with Cybervision64 using the WSCONS
kernel. There are some differences, indeed:

kbd0 at mainbus0: CIA A type Amiga
wskbd0 at kbd0: console keyboard
ms0 at mainbus0
wsmouse0 at ms0 mux 0
wsmouse1 at ms0 mux 0
amidisplaycc0 at mainbus0: Amiga custom chip graphics
wsdisplay1 at amidisplaycc0 kbdmux 1
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay1
grfcv0 at zbus0 pa 0x40000000 man/pro 8512/34
grf5 at grfcv0: width 640 height 480 colors 16
wsdisplay0 at grf5 kbdmux 1: console (default, vt100 emulation), using
wskbd0
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0
grfcv: CyberVision64 with 4MB being used

1. In my case wskbd0 is recognized as "console keyboard".
2. wskbd0 doesn't attach to amidisplaycc0's wsdisplay1.
3. I have "using wskbd0" for my wsdisplay0.

Not sure if this is a problem in your config file or in the driver source.
Maybe you want to show us both?

> I see wsmux1 switching to wsdisplay0 but wskbd0 is
> not. I'm not sure if it is supposed to do so, but I assume it should.

wskbd0 shouldn't even attach to the non-console wsdisplay1.

--
Frank Wille