Re: Printing RDB partition table

cmilanf%hispamsx.org@localhost (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Carlos_Mil=E1n_Figueredo?=) writes:

>Is there any way to print the disk partition table in the same way as sysin=
>st does during installation process? I tried fdisk, but it doesn't support =
>RDB...

fdisk supports MBR (the BIOS partition table).

There is no native NetBSD tool to print (or edit) an RDB. But the
partition table is translated into a standard BSD disklabel. The
disklabel program can show the partitions, but you cannot change
them.

One solution is to edit the RDB under AmigaOS with HDToolBox.

The other way is to not use an RDB, but a standard BSD disklabel.
In that case however, you cannot use the same disk for AmigaOS
anymore and if that's the boot disk, you need to use the boot
block instead of something like loadbsd/gobsd.

There is a way to create a hybrid RDB / disklabel image. But
that's confusing as you have to keep things in sync on
both sides.

You can also create a custom kernel that translates an RDB
into 'disk wedges'. That's another model to access disks in
NetBSD where each partition becomes its own device and has
other advantages. But this doesn't help with the missing
RDB tool.

N.B. I created a simple RDB editor for NetBSD, but it is not that
userfriendly.