Re: Testing NetBSD on a cd32

Hi.

I thought I was subscribed to this list but I must have imagined that.
My reply will probably be more broken than usual. Sorry.

>>rherdware%yahoo.com@localhost (=?UTF-8?Q?Bj=C3=B6rn_Johannesson?=) writes:
>mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost wrote:
>>There also doesn't seem to be any support for the CD32 cd-rom drive. (No probe and a few quick greps didn't turn anything up).
>The CD-ROM is non-standard, but it shouldn't be too difficult to write a driver. AROS has support for it.
Ah, cool. AROS has a compatible license too ISTR.
Is the CD32 the only thing that ever used that propriety interface?

>>No chance for ethernet is a bummer though.
>There are Ethernet cards with CF interface...
Didn't think about that. Wonder how the "Gayle" on the TF330 would handle two devices on the cable...
I don't have one of those cards or suitable cables/adapters for 2xCF or CF+2.5" anyways. Which CF NICs do we support?
The CD32 lacks standard Amiga serial port so slip(4) isn't an option either.
I'm not sure how the serial in the AUX port is hooked up but I'm pretty sure it would need it's own driver.
A cable for this would be pretty easy to build for anyone wanting to try.

/B