Re: Xorg on 8.0 (A1200)

Hello.

>On Mon, 1/28/19, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:

>Since all ports switched to Xorg, the old Xamiga drivers are no longer
>working.
I see.

>Radoslaw Kujawa and myself added wsdisplay and wsfb support to some
>graphics cards, which provide a simple frame buffer: grfcl, grfcv,
>grfcv3d and grfet. They work, but not as great as before, as any form
>of hardware acceleration is missing now.
It's not that I don't understand the reasoning behind replacing all those
port specific X servers but then stuff like this happen.

>There is no wsfb for the Amiga's native chipset yet, because it uses
>separate bitplanes which wsfb doesn't easily support. So a lot
>more work would be required for such a driver.
Understood.
Anyways I got Xamiga working with normal grf/ite-kernel I just put X11R6/bin
before X11R7/bin in the path. Still takes a long, long time to start :)

Thanks for your help.

/B