Re: how to find the tty

On Sun, 7 Sep 2014 21:04:16 -0400
Al <al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost> wrote:

> I was able to find an IOBlix 4 port serial card on eBay. [...]
> I have tried many of the tty in /dev. Yet, I still didn't seem to
> find the right port. Is there an easy way to find the correct tty for
> each port on the card?

Usually from the man page, when it exists. In this case it doesn't,
unfortunately. So I looked into src/sys/arch/amiga/conf/majors.amiga,
which tells me that com(4) are character devices and use a major device
number of 32:
device-major    com             char 32                 com

For some strange reason, which I might be missing ATM, there is no device
with this major number initialized in MAKEDEV, so you might have to do that
manually.

From looking at /etc/ttys I would guess that the com0 device is called
/dev/ttyC0 for NetBSD/amiga.

# mkdev /dev/ttyC0 c 32 0