Re: Gayle support reworked

Hi.

On 3 Jan 2014, at 07:21, Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:

> radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost (Radoslaw Kujawa) writes:
>
>> I’ve reworked[1] the support for Gayle chip. This has implications for:
>> - A600/1200 internal IDE (wdc at mainbus)
>> - A4000 internal IDE (wdc at mainbus)
>> - FastATA 1200 Mk-III/Mk-IV (efa at mainbus)
>> - ACA500 Compact Flash (wdc at acafh)
>
> I don't think that's the right approach. How many Gayle chips do you count
> in an A4000?

The A4000 has IDE part of Gayle, it’s essentially the same, but not the whole
Gayle chip. I intend to rewrite the wdc at mainbus attachment, to remove the
gayle abstraction layer dependency for A4000 (and therefore simplifying gayle.c
too). Since everything besides IDE part and interrupt status register is not
needed there.

> Then why pretending that one exists?

You can only count one Gayle chip in a given amiga at the time. So (with the
exception above) it’s not “pretending” that one exists, it’s using the chip
from different drivers. Previously it was done similarly, but without any
abstraction layers, all drivers were just hitting the chip directly.

On 3 Jan 2014, at 06:59, Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:

> radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost (Radoslaw Kujawa) writes:
>
>> Hi all.
>
>> I’ve reworked[1] the support for Gayle chip.
>
> /home/netbsd-current/src/sys/arch/amiga/amiga/gayle.c:65: undefined reference
> to `amiga_bus_stride_0x1000'
> /home/netbsd-current/src/sys/arch/amiga/amiga/gayle.c:68: undefined reference
> to `amiga_bus_stride_0x1000’

Fixed.

--
Best regards,