Re: XAmiga Current Crash (blizzard 1230mkIV, 64MB): Info from core

On 5 Dec 2013, at 12:58, Roc Vallès <vallesroc%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Still a load of nonsense. But this time I enabled ddb on panic, so I
> did a few things there and took "screenshots". They contain a
> sane-looking backtrace, so it might help.
>
> http://b.rvalles.net/unsorted/netbsd/Xamiga_panic1.jpg
> http://b.rvalles.net/unsorted/netbsd/Xamiga_panic2.jpg
> http://b.rvalles.net/unsorted/netbsd/Xamiga_panic3.jpg

Hmm, it looks like either something calls VIOCREMOVE or VIOCSSIZE ioctl and
this causes view to be removed. However, the function removing the view fails
to deallocate the chip memory in free_chipmem(), possibly because of access to
address for which physical to virtual mapping was never added...

Did you perhaps try to start X with “startx” instead of calling Xamiga
directly? I wonder if it would change anything.

Also, please try rolling back:
src/sys/arch/amiga/amiga/cc.h to version 1.16
src/sys/arch/amiga/amiga/cc.c to version 1.22
and recompile the kernel.

I’m not sure if it will compile, but is worth trying. If it won’t change
anything update them to newest version again.

> Upon "continue", it generated the following crash dump, which is
> similar to the prior nonsense ones. Something must wrong with making
> dumps, savecore or perhaps netbsd/m68k current's gdb.

I have to admit I didn’t use gdb to analyse the core on m68k for years. Maybe
other hackers would be able to comment?

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa