Re: Previous attempt at CVPPC driver

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:29:23 +0200
Rados?aw Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:

> > I didn't know about it. But nevertheless the 32-bit bus-space
> > support is useful and I would like to commit it when it works.
>
> I think it works, just needs testing. As soon as pm2fb is running,
> it'll be safe to declare that 32-bit bus_space is really working. It
> uses these methods extensively.

Thanks. I will also run some tests with it, as soon as you think it
is ready.

> > BTW, does anybody have a PCMCIA network card which makes the kernel
> > panic?
>
> Hmm... does Gayle even allow 32-bit accesses? I always thought that
> the PCMCIA is 16-bit-only on hardware level.

Don't know. Maybe the interface is, but the kernel wants to access the
registers in 32-bit width nevertheless? I'm no expert here either.

I just remember we had some reports about kernel panics with PCMCIA cards
in the past, because those 32-bit bus space functions were missing.

--
Frank Wille