Re: better late than never: amigappc progress

Hi Frank,

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010, Frank Wille wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:39:15 -0600 (CST)
Al - Image Hosting Services <azick%zickswebventures.com@localhost> wrote:

I am going to once again start looking for one of the prototype PPC cards
that were made for the 2000.

Do you have one of those, or are you looking for them?

I am looking for one. I have been told there was only 6 of them made. There was one demonstrated on youtube that I saw. It was basically a card that plugged into the 68060 cpu slot. You would then move your 68060 to that card with the the PPC. In the youtube wideo it was working with Amiga OS 3.1.

Does anyone know if this will work on that system?

At the moment, certainly not. Not even BPPC is working yet. But if
somebody has such a card and likes to help me (at least with testing)
nothing it impossible.

I have tried to get a G4 card built, but I have found that it was very exspensive to have the hardware devoloped and I would still need to develop the software (drivers). If there is new interest in such a card, I will try to contact more hardware devolpers to see if they will help me. I have some new contacts that I could explore.

Best Regards,
Al