Re: Amiga delay implementation

is%NetBSD.org@localhost (Ignatios Souvatzis) writes:

>because you need 3 hardware accesses per clkread()... how long are
>CIA accesses in the Amiga? I don't have a HRM any more...

Depends. The CIAs are accessed by standard 68000 bus cycles
(four 7MHz clocks) but there are synchronisation delays to
the local CPU bus. So a read access usually takes between 560
and 1120ns, writing depends on how the bus cycle is buffered.

A Draco, in particular one without real CIAs, is probably different.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost