Re: ados fs and vnd

Michael van Elst wrote:

Am 03.09.09 17:57:43 schriebst Du:

>> To make the ados file system work with Amiga disk images on other devices
>> and non-Amiga platforms I would suggest to test in adosfs_mountfs() if
>> either p_frag or p_cpg is zero, and initialize both with default values
>> for a floppy disk in that case, which means p_frag=1 and p_cpg=2.
>
> I'd rather teach vnd to handle more parameters from disktab(5).
> So far it only knows about secsize/nsectors/ntracks/ncylinders.

Nice idea. It could probably work for p_frag, where the disktab equivalent
should be "fa", "fb", "fc", etc.

But there is nothing in disktab(5) which fits into p_cpg. Another problem is
that this field has another meaning for each file system:

UFS: cylinders per group
LFS: segment shift
ADOS: reserved blocks

And the ados file system needs the number of reserved blocks to calculate
the root block location...

--
Frank Wille