Re: Keyboard lockup on 5.0.1 on A1200 during install

Chris Edwards wrote:

> Minor update: I don't observe this problem on a second A1200, which has
> a 68030.  On the 060-based machine, it seems that if I type really
> slowly (<1 CPS) the keyboard autorepeat/hang doesn't occur, if that
> helps. :)  When it does occur, it does eventually start responding
> again, after perhaps 10 minutes or so.

I could neither reproduce it with my A3000/060 nor with my A4000/060. So I'm
not sure what may cause that.

> Could it be related to the CIA timer issues discussed recently on this list?

Probably.
Does it still occur, after you finished installation?

Maybe you want to test a 5.0.1 Generic kernel with our timecounter fix/hack?
You can download such a kernel from:
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/phx/amiga_timecounter_fix.tar.gz

> [...]
> Should the NetBSD/amiga installation notes include some more information
> about MaxTransfer?  It seems like a potentially important issue.

I agree. Maybe Ignatios will read that. :)

> Oh, one more thing: is the -A (AGA/scandoubled video) kernel option
> really safe/sensible to enable by default?

You are talking about the bootblock? Using a default without -A doesn't make
any more sense, IMHO.

You may edit the command line as you need it, when the bootblock executes.
Then, when NetBSD has come up, you can run /usr/sbin/installboot with -l
option to install your prefered default options to the bootblock.

--
Frank Wille