Subject: Re: NetBSD 4 sets optimized for specific m68k processors
To: port-amiga@NetBSD.org, John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/23/2007 13:00:02
John Klos wrote:

> I've gotten into the habit of compiling NetBSD with processor specific
> optimizations for some added speed. I regularly use m68060 compiled sets
> on two Amigas and m68040 compiled sets on two m68k Macs, so I'd consider
> them pretty well tested.
> [...]
> Feedback would be most welcome.

Very nice! I have installed them on my A3000/060, and vmstat -i only reports
a 060intemu rate of 16 instread of 320 now!

I'm currently trying to build gnome-base on my Amiga, so the extra speed
will come handy.

I should compile a 060-optimized kernel too, to get the emulation rate to
zero. What about X11 server and binaries for 040/060 ?

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/