Subject: Re: Coldfire Accelerator card
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/11/2007 21:16:00
DataZap wrote:

> I have been on the list for Coldfusion project and it looks like there
> will be a problem running Amiga OS on the Coldfire, if the coldfire is the
> only cpu. Because of this, people may lose interest in the project, but I
> think that all the work that has been done could still help people who are
> going to be running other OSes on it (like maybe NetBSD). Since I don't
> want this project to die, I am trying to get support anywhere I can. Would
> anyone be interested in buying one of these cards to run NetBSD on it?

Coldfire is an interesting CPU, but I doubt that the Coldfusion project has
any success with NetBSD when it cannot even run AmigaOS on it.

There are certainly much cheaper Coldfire boards, and Coldfusion has no
real advantage to them anymore.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/