Subject: Re: Amiga 3000 video strangeness
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@gemini.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/30/2007 10:48:48
On Tue, 29 May 2007, John Klos wrote:

> I just got an original Amiga 3000 working. It's a really old A3000 with
> 16 MHz m68030 and m68881. I want to get NetBSD running on it because I
> don't have any other m68030 NetBSD machines, so I built a minimal kernel
> and tried to run it. However, after it loaded, it started printing text is
> a very peculiar way:
>
> http://www.ziaspace.com/~john/amiga_3000_strangeness.jpg
> that in a little bit, but I thought I'd mention this in case there's a
> chance that someone broke something with regards to ECS / OCS support or
> in case someone has another machine to test. This is the latest NetBSD 4
> tree.

  Does the normal GENERIC kernel have the same problem?

  I've been using an A2000 with a 68040 for testing my changes in -current
and the netbsd-4 branch, and haven't seen any problems with the display.
I'm not sure what might be different between the A2000 and A3000 (or 68030
and 68040) regarding the ECS/OCS support though, so I can't discount that.
I guess I need to see if I can get a hold of an A3000 to help my
collection of amigas.

Michael