Subject: Re: cbsc.c 1.24 line around 344: fallout from caddr_t elimination?
To: None <is@netbsd.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/11/2007 18:34:44
> I browsed through the diffs to catch possible caddr_t fallout, and I
> stumbled accross this one:
>
> you changed the assignment from assigning the pointer to pointer (pre=
vious)
> to assigning the pointer. Unless I missed something, from reading the=
 last
> few versions of the driver, it seems to me that sc_dmaaddr is really =
a =

> pointer to the address pointer, so your change would be wrong. =

> Am I missing something?

This must be characterized as a "thinko" from my side, sorry
about that.  Sometimes making the compiler shut up the simplest
way is not the right way...  This same bug was present in all of
bzivsc.c bzsc.c bztzsc.c cbiisc.c cbsc.c flsc.c.  At least I was
consistent...

I've now committed a fix which reverts this particular change and
instead does an explicit cast to (char **), and the result still
builds...

Thanks for the heads-up.

Best regards,

- H=E5vard