Re: NetBSD 3.0/3.0.1/RC3 Amiga miniroot.fs

----- Message from john%ziaspace.com@localhost ---------
    Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:14:39 -0700 (PDT)
    From: John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost>
 Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.0/3.0.1/RC3 Amiga miniroot.fs
      To: Nagilum <nagilum%nagilum.org@localhost>
      Cc: port-amiga%NetBSD.org@localhost

Hello,

recently I tried to reinstall NetBSD on my Amiga,
however I didn't get very far.
After preparing the swap-install, booting went fine until:

init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh: (I press return)
init: single user shell terminated, restarting
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh: (and so forth)

This happens right after complaining WARNING: bad date in battery clock
As you can see from the subject I tried several miniroot.fs versions.. I also tried -ASn0 (instead of leaving the default -ASn2) as option for loadbsd.
Any suggestions?

You say that you're trying to reinstall. I've noticed that the miniroot
kernel will, in certain configurations, want to use an existing
partition as its root. So you should try adding "b" to your "-ASn0" so
that it asks for the root, and enter wd0b or sd0b or whatever would
correspond to your swap partition when it prompts for the root.

John Klos

----- End message from john%ziaspace.com@localhost -----

Very well observed!
That was indeed the problem!
Another case solved! :)
Alex.

#    _  __          _ __     http://www.nagilum.org/ \n icq://69646724 #
#   / |/ /__ ____ _(_) /_ ____ _  nagilum%nagilum.org@localhost \n
+491776461165 #
#  /    / _ `/ _ `/ / / // /  ' \  Amiga (68k/PPC): AOS/NetBSD/Linux   #
# /_/|_/\_,_/\_, /_/_/\_,_/_/_/_/   Mac (PPC): MacOS-X / NetBSD /Linux #
#           /___/         x86: FreeBSD/Linux/QNX/Win2k  ARM9: EPOC EV6 #

cakebox.homeunix.net - all the machine one needs..