Subject: Re: NetBSD-current on Amiga?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@gemini.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/13/2006 19:37:25
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>   I'm not all that familiar with the 68060 differences, but it's acting
> like the level 2 segment table entry is not getting updated.  It acts like
> the table entry is not getting written to memory - either the entry is
> never written or it's being written to a cache-enabled page.  I haven't
> yet been able to determine if that's what is happening;  the pmap code
> appears to be doing the correct thing.

  And it was indeed using a cached page for the segment tables.  The uvm
changes resulted in the page allocated for the segment tables to be
entered in a manner that the current method of makeing the page non-cached
no longer works.  I have fixed the amiga pmap to directly change the PTE
bits and my amiga now is quite happy, without excessive faulting.

Michael