Re: NetBSD-current on Amiga?

> >  I'm looking at it, and will hopefully figure out what the problem is and
> > fix it for the 4.0 release.
>
> It's apparently some default in gcc which has changed. Perhaps -m68020
> needs to be explicitely set as the default so that 64 bit operations are
> not generated. The alternative of making -68060 sets isn't very tidy. But
> if anyone wants -m68060 built sets, please let me know.

  I doubt it's anything to do with 64 bit operations - I'm not seeing any
great number of unimplemented instruction traps.

> That was where I was stuck before. I guessed that that was the problem,
> but I didn't have the time to wait for the system to finish booting.
>
> What kind of faults are you seeing mostly?

  They are all pagefaults.

  A quick test during lunch shows this seems to happen after the fork()
when the shell is doing the exec().  It's almost like it's getting write
faults on a read-only page and the page is never getting set to writable
until later.  I think I'm going to add some instrumentation to trap.c
to capture the last N page faults and see what the PC and faulting VA
addresses are for them.

Michael