Subject: Re: NIC Memory corrupt
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: admin@datazap.net <admin@datazap.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/28/2006 17:53:15
Hi,

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > I have searched the list, but I have not found an answer to what is
> > happening to my server (2000 running 1.5.4). After about a day or so I
> > start getting errors:
> > ne0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 2080
>
> might also be a lost interupt - which, depending on the hardware, is either
> a driver bug or unavoidable under heavy load.

I swapped the 2 network cards, putting the Ariadne 2 in the second slot,
and the X-surf in the 3rd slot and the problem has gone away, but I am not
using the second network card very much right now. So, I can't be sure
that it is really fixed.

> > I am also getting this when I restart the network. It sounds like it
> > doesn't know how to use this device:
> >
> > agnus: {29} /etc/rc.d/network restart
> > Stopping network.
> > Deleting aliases.
> > ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS inet: Device not configured
> > Downing network interfaces: ne0.
>
> Sounds like wrong /etc/ifconfig.* ; if you can't find the error in your
> files, show them to us, please.

I would like to setup nfs between the 2 servers on the private network.
So, I will be using the X-surf network card much more than I am now. I
think that I will have a problem finding another Ariadne 2, so I want to
make sure that I rule out everything else before looking for another card.
So, I have attached my ifconfig.*.

ifconfig.ne0
209.160.39.6 netmask 255.255.248.0 media 10baset

ifconfig.ne1
10.10.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 media 10baset

Please let me let me know what your thoughts are about this problem.

Thanks,
Al