NIC Memory corrupt

Hi All,

I have searched the list, but I have not found an answer to what is
happening to my server (2000 running 1.5.4). After about a day or so I
start getting errors:
ne0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 2080

and then after a while it freezes. The only thing that can be dome is
cycle the power. I just put in a X-surf in place of the Ariadne II and
moved the Ariadne II so it would be ne1 (this way I can have a private
network between 2 of my servers).

I am also getting this when I restart the network. It sounds like it
doesn't know how to use this device:

agnus: {29} /etc/rc.d/network restart
Stopping network.
Deleting aliases.
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS inet: Device not configured
Downing network interfaces: ne0.

Is this because of a bad network card or do I have something else wrong?

Thanks,
Al