Re: Binary packages for NetBSD/m68k 3.0 w/ pkgsrc-2006Q1

Tim & Alethea Larson writes:
> Greg Oster wrote:
> > After pushing a few of my m68k boxes[*] to build pkgsrc-2006Q1 for the
> > past 40+ days, I'm happy to announce that I've finished uploading
> > 1000+ packages to:
> >
> >  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc-2006Q1/NetBSD-3.0/m68k
> >
> > There is about 900MB of binary package goodness for m68k boxen,
> > including fun things like KDE 3.5.1, gnumeric, and ImageMagick :)
>
> What, no Mozilla?  :)  I've got to chuckle at the idea of using some of
> these on m68k...xscreensaver alone slows my box to a crawl.

"I tried"... but it said something about not being available for m68k
boxes :-/

> > And no, I havn't tested any of these... the only thing tested during
> > this build was my patience for m68k boxes :)
>
> This is definitely appreciated!  We haven't seen binary packages in a
> long time.  Too bad that SCSI issue in 3.0 on mac68k will likely prevent
> anybody from using these.  (Any other m68k people seeing this?)

I certainly didn't see any SCSI issues on either of the Q700's or my
SE/30.. and they got into some very heavy paging in those 40 days....
(65MB processes on a 20MB machine isn't much fun :-} )

> Packages for 2.1 would be useful for this reason too.
>
> Is there anything special required to build generic m68k packages as
> opposed to mac68k/amiga/next68k/etc packages?

Nope.

Later...

Greg Oster