Subject: Re: Binary packages for NetBSD/m68k 3.0 w/ pkgsrc-2006Q1
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/11/2006 05:10:18
Greg Oster wrote:
> After pushing a few of my m68k boxes[*] to build pkgsrc-2006Q1 for the
> past 40+ days, I'm happy to announce that I've finished uploading
> 1000+ packages to:
>
>  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc-2006Q1/NetBSD-3.0/m68k
>
> There is about 900MB of binary package goodness for m68k boxen,
> including fun things like KDE 3.5.1, gnumeric, and ImageMagick :)

What, no Mozilla?  :)  I've got to chuckle at the idea of using some of
these on m68k...xscreensaver alone slows my box to a crawl.

> And no, I havn't tested any of these... the only thing tested during
> this build was my patience for m68k boxes :)

This is definitely appreciated!  We haven't seen binary packages in a
long time.  Too bad that SCSI issue in 3.0 on mac68k will likely prevent
anybody from using these.  (Any other m68k people seeing this?)
Packages for 2.1 would be useful for this reason too.

Is there anything special required to build generic m68k packages as
opposed to mac68k/amiga/next68k/etc packages?

Thanks,
Tim
--
Tim & Alethea