Subject: Re: My way from Debian Linux m68k to NetBSD m68k and BACK to Debian, using AMIGA 1200.
To: , <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: Jim MacKenzie <jim@photojim.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/16/2006 09:03:44
----- Original Message -----
From: "nzabrod" <nzabrod@yandex.ru>
To: <debian-68k@lists.debian.org>
Cc: <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:58 AM
Subject: My way from Debian Linux m68k to NetBSD m68k and BACK to Debian,
using AMIGA 1200.

> Key pair generation is REALLY slow. And after that, when I connect via SSH
> to AMIGA, it takes REALLY LONG TIME. Don't know why, Debian Sarge worked
> quite faster. (2 times faster, as I think)

I haven't installed Linux or BSD on my Amiga (I only have a 68EC030, but I'm
looking for a real '030), but I've had this problem with other systems.  The
issue is the encryption algorithm.

A friend suggested I use the blowfish algorithm and I tried it.  It makes a
huge difference.

I run sshd on a 486sx25 (Debian 3.1), VAXStation 4000/60 (OpenBSD 3.8) and a
Sun Sparcstation 20 (NetBSD 2.0.2, dual 50 MHz Sparc processors) and using
blowfish results in very quick connections.

Jim