Subject: Re: Ide Cdrom on A1200 install trouble
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/01/2006 22:13:59
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:49:59AM +0300, nzabrod wrote:

> Nor INSTALL kernel, neither GENERIC kernel does not find my ATAPI cdrom.
> I can't post kernel log...

You still can, if you have a supported network device:

interupt (with ctrl-c) the installation, after the netowrk is configured,
or before and configure it manually.

Use ftp or an nfs mount to copy /kerm/msgbuf to a target computer.

If all else fails - can you take a photograph of the screen showing the
startup messages?

> But it reports only about wd0 device...
> Only one IDE device is found.

> So the question is:
> Does netbsd 3.0 support generic IDE cdrom on plain amiga ide controller ?

I checked the sources, just to be sure:

a) the INSTALL kernel configuration contains this:

wdc0            at mainbus0             # A4000 & A1200 IDE bus
atabus*         at wdc? channel ?       # ATA bus
wd*             at atabus? drive ?      #  + drives
atapibus*       at atabus?              # ATAPI bus
cd*             at atapibus? drive ?    # ATAPI CD-ROM drives
sd*             at atapibus? drive ?    # ATAPI disk drives

so

wdc0 at mainbus0
atabus0 at wdc0 channel 0
wd0 at atabus0 drive 0: DESCRIPTION
atapibus0 at atabus0
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: DESCRIPTION

should be reported in your case.

> Maybe its a hardware problem, hdd is pretty old. (but it works under amigaos).
> Should I try to swap master and slave devices on cable ?

Shouldn't be necessary - but you can always try.