Subject: Re: Amiga hardware issues
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/17/2006 22:34:27
On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 11:54:46PM +0300, ??????? ??????????? wrote:
> Thank you very much for your reply.
> How did you solved a partition problem ?

I just created the partiton, even that hdtoolbox showed wrong numbers.
That doesn't matter for NetBSD.

> What partitions did you created in amigaos ? root only ?

root, swap, usr and other partitions.

> Can I create other partitions  - e.g. for /home and /usr in NetBSD ? (During
> install, I mean)

You first need to create them with hdtoolbox, with the correct rdb type and
then you can use it under NetBSD.

> And performance - is it faster than linux ?  (sorry for idiotic question,
> anyway =))

I can't answer that, because I only tried to use linux on my amiga with a
linux kernel 0.9.x and it didn't had an ide driver at that time, so it was
not possible for me to use it. That was over 10 years ago.

Bernd