Re: 3com PCMCIA experience?

The AmigaDOS SANA-II drivers for the 3com cards just cover the 3c562 /
3c563 / 3c589 cards, and don't mention the 3c574. Also, the other cards
appear to just be 10 Mbps, but the 3c574 is 10/100. So they're more
different than I thought.

Will I ever see 100 Mbps ethernet on my Amigas...?

The 3c574 should work with the ep driver... I don't know why it did not
probe for you. Getting 100Mbits in pcmcia is another story...

The machine at the colo center will be swapped with another in a week, so I'll have a chance to try the card with 2.0 and PCMCIA debugging. Maybe I can see about getting a Lucent card going, too.

I was hoping for something just a bit faster. My colo contract is for 2 TB a month, which is about 6 Mbps. With overhead, the Amiga can push between 6 to 8 Mbps. With a faster card, I was hoping that it could handle a peak of 10 - 15 Mbps so that things weren't slower during peak times.

We'll see!

Thanks,
John