Subject: 2.0 kernel eating all memory, part 27 or so
To: None <teck-kern@netbsd.org, port-mac68k@netbsd.org,>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/04/2005 13:10:38
Hello,

More experimentation. Even when I custom compile a kernel with nkmempages
set to 4224 (on a mac68k system with 132 megs of memory, 4k pages), which
should limit the kernel to about 33 megs in size, I see it grow to upwards
of 70 megs (it's at 67 at the moment). On a system with 36 megs of memory,
the kernel's usage as reported by top is 36 megs; if I leave it, it will
crash in a few hours.

Would anyone be willing to help me figure out what's going on? I'd love to
see 2.0 be usable on Amigas and on m68k Macs, and perhaps other m68k
machines.

Thanks,
John Klos