Subject: Re: 2.0 kernel eating all memory
To: Ruediger Engel <granada@a500.de>
From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/22/2005 16:32:26
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Ruediger Engel wrote:

> Hi John!
>
>> Has anyone besides Al Zick and myself noticed that memory allocated to the
>> kernel on NetBSD 2.0 on at least Amiga and mac68k keeps growing and growing
>> until the system runs out of memory and crashes?
>>
> Yes, just to confirm this. My A4000 still does not run long enough to have
> eaten up _all_ the memory, but after just 2 days of uptime it already uses
> 32MB:
>
> Amiga 4000 with 128MB of memory after 2 days, mostly busy building software
> from pkgsrc:
>   6 root      18    0     0K   32M syncer    22:57  0.15%  0.15% [ioflush]
>
> Did anyone of the mac68k-Users confirm this or is this problem
> netbsd/amiga-specific?
>
> Regards
> Ruediger

Mm, my A4000/040 with (amazing) 16 MB just halts during compilation jobs.
I have to test this with another "top" or "vmstat" console. The "cannot
lock on myself" message I saw on the debugger promt while A+A+CTRL might
point into your direction (?).

Guess I'll try 1.6.2 and compare them within next week.

-Florian