Re: Amigs 4000/040 IDE boot: Floppy loop?

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 12:58:18AM +0100, Florian Stoehr wrote:

> I have a NBS\001 partition starting at cylinder 10. Sectors/Cylinder is
> 1008 -> Starting at block 1008*10 = 10080

Is this the sectors/cylinder from the RDB? Nothing else is relevant for
booting...

Are sectors/track and heads/cylinder consistent with sectors/cylinder, and
spares = 0?

> Bootblocks support lacking here?

The bootblock is called with an open IORequest describing the partition
and whatever device was used to read the bootblock in... so it will always
work, once the bootblock is reached.

You got the NBS\1 in the left part of the bootmenu, selected it for booting
and told it to boot?

Show details, please (put RDSK and PART chain and the first 8k of the
partition somewhere for download).

seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/