Subject: Re: Debugger doesn't work...
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@NetBSD.org>
From: John Klos <john@klos.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/17/2004 12:41:02
>> Does anyone have any suggestions about how to debug the debugger?
>
> It should enter the debugger when it panics, if this is enabled via
> sysctl.

The problem is, in part, that the machine locks up - it doesn't panic.

> If it is a non-handled interupt, you have a problem. (I once had to check
> for one of those, and used my voltage meter on the Zorro bus lines.)

> The keyboard interupt is level 2 (1 on the draco) and can't override
> a level 4 (audio) 5 (serial) or 6 (Zorro high level) interupt.

Hmmm. Can't imagine what it might be hardware-wise - when running crashme
on a local console, there's no audio, no serial, no ethernet, perhaps a
little SCSI (CyberStorm SCSI)...

> Other nonhandled problems might be a PMAP bug which would cause it to
> reenter the pmap over and over again.

Any ideas on the best way to output debugging statements that wouldn't
overwhelm the console?

Thanks,
John