Subject: Re: PCMCIA reset bug in netbsd
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/11/2004 15:59:42
--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

Hello,

> Actually, when googling myself, I found the application you mentioned=20
> first. Hm... It should be easily possible to make our PCMCIA code register
> a reset handler ... and maybe reset at boot time ... Hm.=20

I read CardReset.asm and gayle_mcmcia.c, and found that:

- CardReset asserts the reset signal for 15 ticks, that's 300 ms, per defau=
lt,
  and the documentation advises against asserting it for less than 5 ticks=
=20
  (100 ms).

- NetBSD asserts the reset line for 1 ms at attach (system startup) time.

  I suspect we should:

  * register a reset handler and assert it at reboot time, too, so that
    the card is in a defined state when the system comes back up.

  * check the specifications and maybe extend the assertion time to 100 ms
  (delay(20000) instead of delay(1000)).

Aymeric, can you tell something about the reset time you've chosen back
then?

Regards,
	Ignatios

--=20