Subject: Re: ld.so: undefined symbol [was: Re: ImageMagick Error] (fwd)
To: admin@datazap.net <admin@datazap.net>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/29/2004 03:33:51
Hey, Al!

>>> /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_BZ2_bzCompressEnd" in
>>> convert:/usr/local/lib/libMagick.so.5.28
>>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Did you set LOCALBASE to "/usr/local" instead of using the default
>> "/usr/pkgsrc"?
>
> Yes, I did set LOCALBASE in mk.conf to "/usr/local" instead of using the
> default.  Could this explain why I am having this problem?

No, not unless you have some packages in /usr/pkg/ and others in
/usr/local/. You're not mixing binary packages and pkgsrc-built packages,
are you?

The best thing to do would be to delete all of the packages on which
ImageMagick depends, then rebuild ImageMagick from scratch. You should do
this with a recent pkgsrc tree, either pkgsrc-2004Q2, or just the regular
pkgsrc tree. Using pkgsrc from 1.4 or 1.5 could make your machine
insecure:

http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CAN-2003-0455

So, after you get a new pkgsrc tree, try this when the machine is
otherwise quiet:

pkg_delete -f mpeg2codec jasper jpeg libexif libwmf freetype2 png libxml2 xmlcatmgr xmlcatmgr tiff
cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/ImageMagick/
make update

Ideally, at some point you should plan ahead a little and upgrade to
NetBSD 2.0.

Good luck,
John Klos