Subject: Re: 2.0 self building
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Lance Tagliapietra <lancetag@Luminet.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/25/2004 22:54:16
I've done kernel compiles with or without X by removing it as a limiting
factor.  Re-direct the output messages of the make to a file.  This also
allows any warning messages to be later analyzed, such as:

make &>makelog.txt ...

X being active doesn't cause much issue, as the output is not scrolling
X bitmaps.  The '&' captures all output to standard out and standard
error.  During the compile I will check on progress by looking at the
size of the makelog.txt file, and 'tail makelog.txt' to see what is
currently being worked on.  I'll also disown the process to let it grind
away in the background.

This experience on building on an A2000/030/16M running X.

--Lance