Re: Install 1.6.2 on Amiga 2000

I have achieved a bit of success getting NetBSD to install on my Amiga
2000 (described in the quoted text below). I have discovered:

1. Mentioning the -b option for the boot parameters prompt would
be very useful.  The -b parameter causes the NetBSD boot to stop and
prompt for a device to boot from.  This is really helpful when the boot
would normally pick a partition (or drive) what is not desired.

2. The network configuration support for ed0 when ed0 is an ASDG
lanrover leaves a bit to be desired.  During
installation, the network configuration portion, I selected ed0, entered
all the information as prompted, but the device did not show an 'X' by
it indicating configured when I was complete, and on the next boot, it
did not get the IP assigned.

3. I had to pull the cable from the ASDG ethernet card after the boot
process recognized it, otherwise the install would randomly lock up or
give errors (see quoted text below for a description of issues).  I was
able to repeat the install twice by pulling the cable after the boot.
The cable was needed though, so the card would be recognized during boot
and I would get the prompt for network configuration.

4. The if/fi issue goes away when the network cable pulled.  My guess is
that network traffic is coming in and is not be handled properly.

--Lance