Subject: Re: Testing current & Installation problems
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Nicolas Bruno BASTIEN <lakomok@free.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/12/2003 16:28:44
Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > I changed the two disks with one quantum 9Gb (an UW disk with an adapter).
>                                            ^^^
> Did you allocate the NetBSD root partition _completely_ within the first
> 4294967296 bytes / 8388608 blocks of the disk?

I was with him while 'HDToolboxing' the hard drive. I am not very sure,
but I remember that he tried to take care about that.

Maybe it is not _completely_ is the first 4GB. But I am almost sure
that he did it, he has already installed NetBSD a lot of time
on its A2000.

> If not, you'll get a corrupt kernel when booting from the bootblock.
>
> Same condition for the swap partition for booting the installation
> system.

That's interesting, I didn't know that the swap too need this.

Thanks for the piece of advice.

Regards,
Nino